Need Help?

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is NSC located?

Nzoia Sugar Company (NSC) is located in Bungoma County, 5 Kilometers from Bukembe off the Webuye/ Bungoma highway. See map below

When was NSC established?

NSC was established in 1975 under the companies Act cap 486 of the laws of Kenya and issued a certificate of incorporation on 1st August 1975. Operations commenced on 1st October, 1978

Who owns Nzoia Sugar Company?

The national Government is the majority shareholder owning 98% shares while Fives Cail and IDB Capital own 1% each.

What is NSC milling capacity?

The milling capacity of NSC was 2000 Tonnes of Cane per Day(TCD) initially. This was increased to the current 3000TCD in 1989 and has been maintained to date. NSC intends to further increase the milling capacity to 7000 TCD in line with its strategic plan

Where does NSC get its raw material?

The company has a nucleus estate with a surface area of 3,600ha and an Outgrower zone of 23,500ha. The nucleus eEstate provides 20% of the required raw material while the Outgrower zone provides the remaining 80%

Which products does Nzoia Sugar produce apart from sugar?

Currently, NSC produces sugar and molasses. Plans are underway for diversification of products and soon spring bottled water will be included in our product base. NSC also has long term plans for cogeneration and production of ethanol.

What are the by products of sugar manufacturing?

 Bagasse and Mollasses

What is bagasse and mollasses?

bagasse is a byproduct of sugar production often used as as a primary fuel source for most sugar factories

mollases is a thick syrup which is also a byproduct of sugar production.

How do you determine the quality of sugar?

Moisture content and sucrose content are determinants of quality in sugar

What is cane poaching?

A situation when a farmer contracted to NSC and is provided by the company with farm inputs, land preparation etc and disregards the contractual terms by selling his/her cane to another miller without NSC’s knowledge

I have developed my cane privately, how do I get my cane registered to NSC?

  • Step 1: Visit the outreach office in your sub-location where your cane farm is located. Here you will be attached to a field assistant to take you through the registration process.
  • Step 2: The field assistant will organize a survey to ascertain the surface area of your farm, accessibility of the farm, ownership of the land among other facts. You may be required to present certain documents as is expected. After that exercise you will be assigned a field number.
  • Step 3: You will fill in a registration form. Fill the form correctly and truthfully.
  • Step 4: You will be given a Cane farming Contract (CFC) which must be signed by you, your assistant chief and a company representative.
  • Step 5: A file will be opened and your details will be stored in (hard and soft copy) for easy retrieval and identification.

You are now among the farmers contracted to Nzoia Sugar Company.

*For more information on the benefits you will enjoy as a farmer contracted to NSC visit the outreach office where you registered. For any complaints or queries,    you can visit our Farmers Relations Desk at the company premises.*

Call Us 24x7

0727-477777 0727-483483

Write Us

Snail Mail

P.O. Box 285 Bungoma, Bungoma County, 50200 Kenya

Social media

Twitter: @Nzoia Sugar
Facebook: Nzoia Sugar Company Ltd
Youtube: Nzoia Sugar Company

File A Complaint

lodge a complaint, compliment,request, suggestion or comment

[wpforms id=”24994″]

Quick Links

Nzoia Sugar Company,
P.O. Box 285 – 50200 Bungoma.
Mobile: 0727-477777/ 0727-483483

Skip to content